Cambridge, UK 4th July, 2012: IMI Europe held its biggest ever Inkjet Summer School at the Hyllit Hotel, Antwerp, Belgium 25-29 June 2012.
With six courses, the Inkjet Summer School 2012 proved to be successful with around 100 delegates. The Inkjet Academy – Theory of Inkjet Technology was the most popular course with 21 attendees. This course was co-presented by Mike Willis of Pivotal Resources and Dr Simon Daplyn of Xennia Technology.
The majority of delegates were from Western Europe - Germany with 15 delegates, followed closely by Belgium with 10 and Switzerland with 6.
The Inkjet Summer School 2012 gave everyone attending the opportunity to learn from leading industry experts and to network with fellow scientists and engineers from the ink jet industry.
On Tuesday evening, attendees visited AGFA in nearby Mortsel, where they were given a tour of the demo suite and saw numerous printers in action. On Wednesday evening, Bier Central hosted a Belgian beer and cheese tasting, guided by a professional sommelier.
Mike Willis, Managing Director of IMI Europe said: “We’ve had a great week in Antwerp, and we believe the increase in delegates this year to record levels reflects the increased Research & Development activity in industrial inkjet in Europe”.
The courses were:
• Inkjet Academy – Theory of Inkjet Technology, led by Mike Willis of Pivotal Resources & Dr Simon Daplyn of Xennia Technology
• Colour & Colour Management, led by Dr Gabriel Marcu of Apple Inc
• Surface Tension, Wetting & Capillarity, led by Professor Abraham Marmur of Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
• UV Inkjet Printing Technology led by Ian Hutchinson of Sartomer Europe, Dr Nick Campbell of Inca Digital & Dr Simon Daplyn of Xennia Technology
• Getting Started in Deposition, led by Dr Neil Chilton of Printed Electronics Ltd
• Inkjet Ink Manufacturing, led by Natasha Jeremic & Vincent Wright both of Xennia Technology
IMI Europe is the leading organiser of inkjet technology courses and events in Europe.
Kirsty Inman, Marketing Assistant, IMI Europe
+44 1223 236920