The IMI Europe Inkjet Summer School 2016 will be held at the Heidelberg Print Media Academy in Heidelberg, Germany. The Print Media Academy is an extraordinary venue for events in the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan area. Its 12 glass-encased floors communicate openness and transparency, with numerous options for meeting spaces and full onsite catering. The building has six floors, a spacious lobby and an auditorium as well as two cylindrical towers - reaching from the lobby up to the 10th story and containing meeting rooms providing fascinating views.
The Print Media Academy is an impressive building in the heart of Heidelberg. This 50-meter-high glass cube is not only beautiful, but also chock full of metaphors and symbols alluding to printing processes and the history of printing. From the lobby, you can look all the way up to the 11th floor. The building was constructed between March 1998 and March 2000. It is square, measuring 37 meters on each side, and 50 meters high. The façade has a double-shell construction, and it is possible to walk through the space between the shells.
The transparent façade allows many design elements to be seen from outside: the two "cylinder towers" holding seminar rooms, the auditorium surrounded by a pool of water, four glass elevators, escalators and the angular shapes of the office floors.
For more details see the Print Media Academy website.
The IMI Europe Inkjet Summer School is a non-residential course, so accommodation is the responsibility of individual delegates. For more information, see Heidelberg Tourist Information, or the Heidelberg Hotel Bookings website. The Print Media Academy is located centrally in the town, within easy walking distance of the train station, university, historic castle and bridge.
Some suggested hotels close to the Print Media Academy:
Qube Hotel (800m from Print Media Academy)
Tel: 06221 187990
Holiday Inn Express Heidelberg (750m from Print Media Academy)
Tel: 06221 42840
Leonardo Hotel (950m from Print Media Academy)
Tel: 06221 508670
NH Hotel (850m from Print Media Academy)
Tel: 06221 13270
- Heidelberg is accessible from Frankfurt am Main, Frankfurt Hahn or Stuttgart airports
- From Frankfurt am Main airport (probably the easiest option) there is an express train to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof, changing at Mannheim (see bahn.de for details)
- From Autobahn A5, take exit 37 Kreuz-Heidelberg
- Follow signs for A656 towards Heidelberg
- Continue straight on B37
- Take the exit towards Universität Campus Altstadt/Altstadt/Zentrum
- Continue onto Gneisenaustraße
- Continue onto Kurfürsten-Anlage
- Arrive at the Print Media Academy
- From Frankfurt am Main airport there is an express train to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof, changing at Mannheim (see bahn.de for details)
- The Print Media Academy is located just opposite Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof